Faculty and Staff UMW Zoom accounts allow users to record meetings to the Zoom Cloud. The Zoom Cloud storage space is limited and shared by all Faculty and Staff, so it should not be considered a permanent place to store recordings, but there is sufficient space to store recordings for the active semester.
Video Overview #
Zoom Cloud Recording Settings #
This guide assumes that you are recording for the sole purpose of sharing your recorded videos with students after the fact, and don’t intend to have them join the meeting while recording is in progress.
If that is the case, consider implementing the following settings when creating your meeting:
- Enable the waiting room (so no one accidentally joins your meeting)
- Set the meeting to “Record Automatically – To the cloud”
Recording to the Zoom Cloud #
If you set up your meeting to automatically record when you created it, all you need to do is start your meeting and the recording will begin.
If you need to start or stop recording during a meeting, you can do so clicking the Record button in the Zoom toolbar at the bottom of your meeting’s Zoom window.
You will have the option to “Record to this Computer” or “Record to the Cloud” (you want the latter).
Accessing and Viewing Zoom Recordings #
If you recorded your meeting using Zoom in Canvas, you can access the recording directly in Canvas. See our guide on Using Zoom in Canvas for these steps.
If you are using Zoom outside of Canvas, you can access your recordings via the UMW Zoom Web Portal.
- Sign into the web portal at umw-sso.zoom.us.
- In the navigation menu, click Recordings.
You will see a list of cloud recordings that you started.
- If you are having trouble finding your recording, adjust the date range and status, then search by host, meeting ID, topic, or keyword.
- Click the meeting name to view.
Sharing, Downloading, and Deleting #
Once you have accessed your cloud recordings as detailed in “Viewing Zoom Recordings” above, follow these steps to share, download, or delete them.
- Click Share.
- In the Share this cloud recording pop-up window, adjust your sharing settings as desired.
- Click Copy Sharing Information, then navigate to your email or where you need to share the cloud recording, to paste the sharing information.
- Click More.
- Select download.
- Click More.
- Select Delete. In the Confirmation pop-up window, click Yes.
- To delete multiple cloud recordings at once and more information follow these instructions.